Lori's Side of the Story: Kindergarten and teenagers        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Monday, August 27, 2012

Kindergarten and teenagers

Well Grant made it to kindergarten and I survived with only a few tears.







He came home and raised his hand to ask me a question ;-) And today he got to go to the office for quality work! So far so good.

My first day on my own, Friday, was spent getting ready for Dylan's 13th birthday party. He had 10 friends over to watch a movie outdoors and then sleepover outside in the fort.























They stayed up until 4:30 am! Dylan said he and two other boys never slept! They blew threw pizzas, popcorn, chips, pretzels, pop, water, candy, cupcakes and then donut holes in the morning - teenage boys.

Sunday was his actual birthday, so I'm officially a mom of a teen! We opened presents at home and then headed to the farm for some target shooting and a nice dinner. Dylan got some new gadgets for his gun so he was excited to shoot and, heck, I even shot a pistol for the first time.






He had a good time and thanked us a million times on our way home. He is a good boy and has set some great goals for himself this year. It's really hard to believe it has been 13 years ago that we brought a skinny 5 pound baby home from the hospital, now his feet are bigger than mine. Love you buddy!

Today was another day on my own. I cleaned floors and did laundry then headed off to Zumba. When I got home I cleaned up from the party (teenage boys are messy) and made myself a nice salad for lunch and then....I watched a movie on amc and I think I may have even fallen asleep for a few minutes :-) It was lovely and I didn't cry.



No comments:

Post a Comment