Lori's Side of the Story: What's that noise?        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Sunday, March 28, 2010

What's that noise?

After church today, it was time for Sunday school.  Let me first just say that Grant does not enjoy going to his own class.  He used to be in my class but we have separated the age groups and now he is supposed to go to his own preschool class.  We tried a few weeks ago and it started out well,  no crying at drop off.  Soon after, several other crying preschoolers were dropped off and Grant's teacher discovered him crying in the corner so she brought him to my room. So today he was not happy to 'try' again.  I dropped him off kicking and screaming, no, I mean SCREAMING!  I waited outside the door and listened to what sounded like a caged animal?!  After a few minutes, I went to the door to get him and both the teachers were trying to calm him while he was screaming at them to 'MOVE' and 'OPEN THAT DOOR'!  Totally OUT OF CONTROL!  I took him to my room and got him settled down.  He did great with us, he raised his hand for every question and did all of the activities and was able to repeat what he learned.  I advised him after church that we would 'try his class again' to which he replied, "I'm not going back to that toopid (stupid) class, mom."  Who calls their Sunday school class "toopid"?  My son, that's who :o(  What have I done?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sounds awful! It made me laugh, but I feel bad about it...

    ReplyDelete