Lori's Side of the Story: First last school day        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Monday, May 23, 2011

First last school day

Today was the last day of preschool for my 3-day class and can I just say, there were tears... from me. We told the kids we had one last assignment for them at the end of the day....a hug for the teachers because it was the last day of school. They lined up and hugged away, a few got a little teary and I did too :-( And can I just say that I am not a pretty cryer or a cryer who can talk and cry at the same time. No, not me, I am the frog-in-your-throat cryer, the runny-nose-cryer, the dreaded ugly cryer. So when sweet little-polka-dot-wearing Chloe was ready for her hug, I choked out something about her love of polka dots and how I'll always think of her every time I see polka dots, but she probably didn't understand one single word. And when I told Charlotte how proud I was of all her hard work and how much she will love kindergarten, all that probably came out was wah, wah, wah. I had such a great year and I loved being back in the classroom and the kids grew so much that I just couldn't help myself. So, my first last day is over, but tomorrow is my second last day and you know what that means...waahhh!



No comments:

Post a Comment