Lori's Side of the Story: God Bless the Veterans        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

God Bless the Veterans

Today I honor all Veterans.  Thank you for your service to this great country.  I am proud to be an American and I am as proud to call a very special veteran my Dad. 

 
Dad and Mom came to the veteran's day program at the boys' school today.  The boys were very excited to have Grandpa as a special guest at their school.   Dad loved it all; the pledge, the singing, the essays, the videos and photographs, meeting other veterans, and especially introducing himself to the 500 students who responded with a collective "HI" when Dad greeted them.  Five hundred kids singing  'I'm Proud to Be an American' to the veterans was something I just can't explain.

What a great school, what a great day!  Thanks veterans and thanks Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment