Lori's Side of the Story: Compliments        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Compliments

Compliments, all too often, are far and few between. My sister and I joke that we can always depend on each other for some compliments, "cute hair, love that sweater, cool earrings." You know, that stuff you love to hear, that you need to hear once in awhile. It gives you a little boost and puts a smile on your face. Well, this week, three compliments were given around here. The first was from my friend's mother in law who, when she was leaving a party we attended, told my friend that I was cute. Do you know how long it has been since someone has called me cute? A LONG time! It made me happy. Next up was Dylan. His gym teacher was talking to Matt this weekend and telling Matt what a great kid Dylan was! Yea! That gave a big (needed) boost to Matt and I and our parenting skills (Dylan too). And the third compliment came today from Jack's teacher at conferences. She is pregnant with her third child and has two little girls already. She will find out the sex of the baby at the end of this month and was telling me how nervous she will be if she finds out it is a boy. She said if she is having a boy then she will start praying that minute that he turns out just like Jack! Wow. We are on a roll around here and it sure is a nice way to start off the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment