Lori's Side of the Story: Christmas continued..        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas continued..

Santa made it to our house!


Dylan may have been the most excited as we heard him in his room at 1 am! They stumbled out of bed at a few minutes before 7 and















It was nice this year because we made everyone watch each other open their presents. It actually lasted almost an hour. Then my parents and sister's family came over for lunch and more presents, oh and lots of building!











And then, we finally gave my dad his present, the present to end all presents, his fathers WWII marine uniform, medals, telegrams and letters home, dog tags, a Bible inscribed by my great grandparents, and more mounted on his dad 's duffle bag in a shadow box.






He was thrilled. My aunt had it and planted the idea in our heads earlier this year. My nan was a saver and it definitely paid off for us, more than she will ever know. We passed on boxes of old pictures and letters he had written home from Vietnam and local newspapers during the WWII, his report cards and school pictures. He had never seen this stuff before and I'm sure he'll spend a lot of time reading and sorting though all of the treasures. I wished I had taken more pics but I was a little choked up. This was a very hard secret to keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment