Lori's Side of the Story: Christmas finale!        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas finale!

Today was our final Christmas party at Matt's Aunt and Uncle's house. They had a full house, delicious food, puzzle relays, and a visit from Uncle Roger, I mean Santa. The kids all get gift bags, filled collaboratively, until they graduate high school. This was Casey's last year to get her bag and it was a little sad. Time just goes by so fast, doesn't it?





Notice Dylan's big slice of chocolate cake :-)





Mary made the kids a fort in her bedroom, it was so cool. Grant was convinced it was made especially for him, "Look what Aunt Mary made me!" She draped big sheets of paper over a card table. She painted fantastic scenes on each side (fireplace, bearskin rug, stones, window and door) and even made a roof out of newspaper and guess what, I didn't get a picture of it:-( I think Matt did though so check out his blog.
So we are officially partied out. We have our final day of vacation tomorrow and I think we will just hang out and play. I definitely don't do that enough and I so desperately want to. 2011 is here and I am renewing my goal of "being present".

No comments:

Post a Comment