Lori's Side of the Story: Guilty        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Guilty

So here's the deal, the boys' school makes pillows and donates them to children's hospital. The parents sew most of them, the kids stuff and then stitch up the opening. It's a great service project and I have sewn the pillows for 6 years now. Last year they missed their goal of 500 pillows by one lone pillow, and guess whom screwed up that one lone pillow....yours truly! I scorched one piece of the fabric as I was ironing and had to ditch it! AHHH! The letter came out this year requesting help and reminding everyone of their goal of 500 and I signed up... reluctantly. The pressure was on but I am glad to report that the pillows are completed and not one single thread was scorched in the process. Can you see me smiling?


On a serious note, I tried my best mostly because I was thinking and praying about the recipients, the sick, scared children who will be comforted by these pillows. It makes me sad and happy all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment