Lori's Side of the Story: Cowboys, paper plates and wooly men        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cowboys, paper plates and wooly men

At preschool today, a little girl presented me with some gifts.





It was a picture drawn on a napkin, an old purse that "she didn't want anymore", some artificial lillies of the valley, and a box...





Containing two dimes and a plastic lemon. It just tickled me so. How sweet. I can't help but wonder what in the world she was thinking when she gathered up all these items. It just makes me smile whenever I look at my special presents. It was a nice way to start off the day.
After Grant and I got home, I begged him to play. He wanted, begged, to have his second cousin Isabella over for a playdate. The only problem is that she lives in new york :-(. Eventually he agreed to play with boring 'ol me but he couldn't decide exactly what to play...finally he decided we should be cowboys. So we were cowboys, we hunted down bad guys and loaded our guns with 'fire bombs.'











In the end he took a shot to the gut, ughh!





The boys came home and played some baseball on the wii, then we made some paper plate animals.

















Penguins, circle lions, and cheetahs. Dylan went to basketball practice while we worked on the animals and played some cards and listened to some music. Jack was singing along, "wooly is the man". I just laughed and then told him the words were "worthy is the lamb" :-) He takes after me that's for sure. Dylan got home and told us all about practice, he is the appointed point guard for his first game this friday. He scarfed down some dinner, took a shower and then we watched some game show where contestants have to preform tricks in 60 seconds for money. It was pretty intriguing. The boys reluctantly had to go to bed before the show was over and I was told to finish watching and give a full report in the morning.
Pretty good day overall, except for the fact that Matt is gone :-(

1 comment:

  1. "wooly is the man"....remember that John the Baptist was the predecessor of Jesus Christ and he was a "wooly man." too funny.

    i use to sing "the bathrooms on the right" instead of "there's a bad moon on the rise." by CCR

    ReplyDelete