Lori's Side of the Story: Zumbathon        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Zumbathon

I danced my you-know-what off at a Zumbathon last Saturday. It was a fundraiser or ALS. A past instructor had a brother in law suffering with this debilitating disease and he passed away two days before the event. It is a devastating disease and took his life only 6 weeks after he was finally diagnosed. He loved to dance, so we danced and danced and danced. It was a sad cause but we had a lot of fun. There was a lot of tushy shaking, ab crunching, and even the tango! There's just something special about a group of women coming together to dance, sweat, and laugh (at ourselves mostly), and if it's for a friend, then it's all the more perfect.


On a side note, one of the guest instructors scared the heck out of me. I never saw anyone shake their butt so hard or so fierce before all the while wearing combat boots and a leather studded belt with her very small leather shorts. And the look on her face...well I tried my hardest to keep up because I was a little afraid.
Spandex, workout gear and tennis shoes - good.
Leather shorts, combat boots, and studded belts-bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment