Lori's Side of the Story: Breathing        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Breathing

Do you breath deeply when things are frustrating? How about when you walk to the basement to get something and see a HUGE stack of laundry piled up in front of the washing machine? Or what about when you get home from the grocery and walk in the door only to realize you are out of paper towels or soap or shampoo? Or, dare i say it, about something your kids have or have not done? I breath deeply quite often about little things, about big things, important and trivial. It makes me feel better, I guess it's a release of some sort.

I just read a story about breathing and it is so relevant to me right now. It was from a blog 'A Holy Experience'. She writes about breathing through childbirth, through motherhood, through hardships. She reminds me that God knows our every breath our every worry.
"Just let everything that comes on, trickle on through. Don’t hold on… Just breathe and let go.
We breathe slow together, letting what He gives in this moment fill us, run through us, move on out into the world.
I don’t know how many times a day I still midwife myself and these children, “Just take a deep breath… Breathe.“"

In the same way we breath out the frustrations, we should then be filled with His love and understanding and forgiveness.

Just today at preschool, a little boy was upset about ripping his Martin Luther King Jr. Newspaper and he was crying. What were my words to him? 'Breathe, just breathe'. It made him feel better.

It works. In through the nose, out through the mouth.....








1 comment: