Lori's Side of the Story: Movie        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Movie

Last night when the boys were playing a shoot-em-up game in the mancave, I was upstairs watching a great movie, Hope Floats. It is one of my faves. I love Sandra Bullock and especially Harry Connick Jr.! Matt joined me for the last half of the movie after the boys went to bed and witnessed lots of tears from me. You know, that movie is sad. Her dad is in a nursing home with Alzheimer's, her mom dies, her husband cheated on her with her best friend, her nephew was abandoned by his mother, her daughter is mad at her and got beat up at school by big Darlene, you get the picture? The part that sent me to the ugly cry was when the little girl, Bernice was chasing after her daddy's car and crying because he was leaving without her and didn't want her. She is just standing in the street with her little suitcase, crying. I know, so sad. Don't fret though, there are bright parts of the movie, mostly in the form of Harry. He is sunshine in the gloom and thank heavens for that. Matt asked me why I liked the movie if it made me cry. I really don't know, it's a girl thing I guess. It has a great ending, a happy ending and maybe that's why I like it. When good trumps the bad, I'm in.



No comments:

Post a Comment