Lori's Side of the Story: Reproduction of the mantis        
 
                 
     
       
     
     
       

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Reproduction of the mantis


I ran an errand and left Jack and Grant home with Matt. Grant had to read his easy readers to Jack and Jack had to read a library book to Grant.
When I walked in the door, I got the full run-down on how the preying mantis reproduces. The library book was a factual (maybe too factual) account of the life of the preying mantis. The boys were very excited to tell me all about how 'the male sprays his sperm foam around the egg' and how the 'female releases an egg' and 'that's how they make new babies'. WOW!
Great, now can we erase the word sperm from your 'too young' memories for a few more years please. Who knew that my six and nine year old would have their initiation into sex education from a library book about the preying mantis?


No comments:

Post a Comment